Why Should I purchase a Puppy From Doodlesville?
What sets us apart?
- We are a Established Breeder with over 17yrs specializing in the Doodle Breeds only.
- Owned by Certified Natural Pet Health Care Consultant, Retired Veterinary Technician,, & Groomer. Experience Counts!
- We Never Ship our Puppies, Shipping can be stressful and worse, fatal! We do not take any chances with our babies.
- Full 2 year Health Guarantee and Limited Lifetime Guarantee. (One of the best in industry)
- We Never recommend anything that is potentially harmful for your puppy, such as harmful chemicals in Flea and Tick treatments and preventative that are causing reactions and sometimes Death, we are very concerned about some Heartworm preventives and vaccines that can cause dangerous reactions and sometimes death.We offer Safer Alternatives to Flea Control Options & Heartworm preventative Options. (Healthier choices)
- Puppies raised in our home in a loving family environment. All with Service and therapy in mind
- Puppies are loved , cuddled and completely Socialized from the day they are born.
When you pickup your puppy to help you get your puppy off to the right
start! Including training, correction and health information pointers Includes> Your own Puppy Folder with all your paper work to take with you to your veterinarian. and Your Wonderful Puppy Gift Bag which includes Premiere Martingale Collar, as well as Safe hand picked toys for your new puppy,
- Dogs Screened for known genetic disorders.
- Lifetime 24/7 Phone assistance and Support
- We will always be available to you and your dog if life throws you a curve and you need to find a new home for your doodle, we are here to help or bring back to Doodlesville I want to know where all my babies are!
- We Try to stay connected with all of over Puppy families, to this day we keep in touch with some of the first doodle families we had when we started.
- One of our Doodlesville Goldendoodles, Jeffey, is owned by Rikki Lake, such a awesome lady
- One of Our Doodles is a model for famous designers, he has also been in films and is a huge help in his community Bocker
- One of Our pups is the star of a series of children's books: OwenTales.com
- Several of our Aussiedoodles and Goldendoodles are Service Assistance and Therapy Dogs!
- References are available Click here or go to our Facebook Page Below
- Facebook , Doodlesville Fan Page
- See Sizes Page for Information on Goldendoodle vs Aussiedoodle Sizes, Some Breeders will tell you Anything to sell you a puppy,,, BE INFORMED
Are all Doodles allergy friendly and non-shedding?
No, not all. Doodles are hybrids, so much like our own children, there is no way any breeder can guarantee you a non-shedding, hypo-allergenic dog. Not even a multi generation breeder, because as we all know genetic traits can skip generations. Although, I have found the F1 Aussiedoodle's and Goldendoodle’s are fairly consistent in their coats and more likely to be non-shedding and allergy-friendly. Typically, this generation produces a wavy or curly, shaggy looking puppy that is low- to no-shed and allergy-friendly. It all depends on how the chips (or in this case "genes") fall.
It is impossible to know for sure that the doodle you adopt is allergy-friendly or no-shed until approximately 8-12 months of age (this is when their adult coat typically grows in). If you have allergy issues we will need to address the “what if” question, before you reserving a puppy. I want all of my pups to go to forever homes. If you have Life threatening allergies, Please do not choose a doodle, there is no way to know if a pup will shed dander or hair until it gets its adult coat in between 7-9mths old. See Our Doodles and Allergies Page for more information.
Are Doodles good with children?
Absolutely, they are wonderful little clowns and will just break there heart to please you! They well-suited for public service and therapy work due to their even temperaments and there willingness to please. I do have some concerns about placing puppies with families with children under 5 years old, this is for the safety of both the puppy and the children. Puppies can play rough! Biting, scratching, jumping, is a normal part of puppy play, and it can be quite challenging to train both your puppy and your children how to play well together. If you do have younger children, during your phone interview please tell me how your family would handle these challenges. I want all my babies to go to lifetime homes, so it is important that we address any "What if?" issues before you bring a pup home. Also, I want to feel comfortable that you will be able to successfully train your puppy to be a lifetime member of your family. As with Children, what a puppy becomes is based in its life experiences YOU must take the responsibility to make each and every one a good one!!
How much do Doodles cost?
Pricing Varies and depends on breed, sex, size, color, and markings. Please do not send us an email just to ask about the price. We need to learn more about your family and confirm that this breed is right for you. We will not place a puppy if there is any chance it is not a good fit for your family.
Complete a Puppy Adoption Application to start the process. there is method to our madness, so please follow the process as instructed.
We also require a phone interview, at which time price's will be discussed. Once you have completed these steps, a non-refundable deposit is required to reserve a puppy on our wait list.
When do I need to pay my remaining balance?
Once you have decided that you are ready for a pup from a specific litter. Payment of the remaining balance, is due-in-full within a week from date of confirmation of a specific litter. If we do not receive your final payment within this time frame, we will be forced to assume that you are no longer interested.
Do you offer a health guarantee?
Absolutely One of the best in the industry! We offer a 2-year Full Guarantee and Limited Lifetime Warranty for all of our puppies. We also offer lifetime support for all our puppies. Did you know that most genetic problems do not show themselves until after 2 years of age? in light of this fact, we felt that since you are a part of our family it was important for us to guard you against your puppy having a life-threatening genetic or congenital defect. For more information visit our Polices Page.
We would never ask you to bring the puppy back either. if something were to happen and when you are ready for a puppy one will be provided. Veterinary Records from the time you got your puppy to the time the issue happened will be required, and must be supported by our veterinarian , If you over vaccinate your puppy , which can cause auto immune disease amongst other things your contract is null and void, Of course i am not in business to give away puppies so certain stipulations do apply
When can I come to pick-up my puppy?
You are expected to pick-up your puppy when they are ready at 8 weeks old. The pick-up date for each litter is listed on the litter page. You will have to pick-up your puppy within 3 days of the litter pick-up date. If you must come later, we charge $20 boarding fee per additional day (7 day limit).
NOTE: Normally we do not have pups available after born, However recently we have had pups available after 8wks old, because those on the list have head to wait for one reason or another,, and I am learning some lessons ,, Now, There is a 3 to 4 Day wait after deposit placed, We will not longer release puppies the same day or 2nd day of making your commitment. It is up to YOU to review our policies page, up to you to do your research about us, (visit our Facebook page )
We have decided that there needs to be ample time for people to think thru their decision.
This is a lifetime commitment to the puppy, we are giving a Lifetime commitment to You!
Make sure you are ready and that We are the breeder for you.
If you do NOT want a breeder that actually cares about you and your puppy, then we are not
Where are you located? / Do you ship?
We are located in Southern , VA (about 20 miles from Danville ,VA). Our farm is less the 2 hours from Richmond, VA and we are approximately 1 hour from both the Raleigh/Durham NC Airport and the Greensboro, NC Airport. If you are staying overnight, we recommend the Hampton Inn in Martinsville. You must be the one to pick-up your pup, we like to meet you in person and give you an orientation with your pup. For more information about orientation visit our Pick-Up Page.
No. We do NOT ship, Your pup can fly back with you, in the cabin of the airplane, in a large soft -sided carrier. We recommend flying to Greensboro NC, which is less then 1 hour from our location. Typically, it's only an additional $50-$80 (depending on the airline) for the pup to fly in the cabin with you. The puppy has to be under 20 pounds and under 11″. In my experience, the pups will still fit in the soft-sided carrier at 8 weeks old.as long as it is a large soft sided carrier
We do not allow our puppies to be cargo shipped. First and foremost, it is far too stressful on the puppy. There is also a dog flu epidemic sweeping the nation (Dog flu cases have been documented in California, Florida, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Virginia, DC, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon and Washington state.)
What happens if I am no longer able to keep my dog?
We are concerned with welfare of all our puppies, even after adoption. If keeping your pup becomes a problem for any reason, we will arrange for a new home. However, we have a strict policy on puppy return depending on when the re-homing becomes necessary. If the puppy needs to be re-homed before the pup is 6 months old, you are required to bring him/her back to us at your own expense. If the re-homing is needed after your pup reaches 6 months of age, we will assist you in locating a new family. Sometimes I can bring him/her back here, however I am very limited in space so that may not always be an option. Should you find a new home for your baby then we would like to approve the new home and receive information on the new family.
As stated in the adoption contract, which you sign upon pick-up, once your pup is 6 months old your pup must be spayed or neutered. If you have not spayed/neutered your dog at the time of re-homing, you will be legally and financially responsible for any additional fees associated with altering and re-homing your puppy. I do not ever want to have one of my puppies dumped in a shelter or worse, so please make sure you are ready for the commitment and responsibility of raising a puppy and having them as a lifetime companion.
Do you dock your puppies tails?
Absolutely Not! This procedure is purely cosmetic and must be done before the pup is 3 days old (without pain relief). It was required when we were raising Australian Shepherds and Poodles, but we will not subject our pups to that ever again. Dogs are meant to have tails. Plus Doodles Tails are part of their charm!!
How long do Doodles live?
Like most dogs their size, Doodles have an average lifespan of 12-15 years. Please be aware that when you adopt a puppy, this is a 12-15 year commitment, and having a dog is just as much work as having a child.
Do I need to spay/neuter my puppy? Do you Sell breeding Dogs?
**Yes, absolutely. We have a very strict alter policy. All dogs must be surgically altered by a licensed vet between 5 1/2 & 6 months of age. It is healthier for your dog if you spay them before they hit puberty.
- F1B or F2 , there is not need to , the First generation of Goldendoodles and Aussiedoodles tend to be allergy friendly and low to no shed,
- Why in the world would I back cross, when they are perfect First Cross?
- NOT to mention that back crossing a doodle ..creates to much poodle type coat most folks dont want to begin with or if they do , heck get a poodle the same thing!!
- NOT to mention it diminishes the hybrid vigor,
- Breeding back trying to perfect a breed, is what has happened to every AKC Breed,
- I am a advocate for TRUE Doodles!!! parent breed to parent breed~!
- Health is VERY important to us here, We do not do anything to degrade that ,, ESPECIALLY not back crossing
Can my dog be AKC registered?
No, Doodles are hybrids which are not recognized by AKC . While there are some breeders who are lobbying for Doodle registry, we are very much against this. Creating a "doodle" breed, will inevitably create the same issues that pure bred dogs have. The beauty of the doodles comes from the hybrid vigor and minimizing the risk for breed-related diseases. If we turn our Doodles into breeds in their own right, we will have undone all of the positive attributes we were seeking.
Do you recommend micro-chipping?
No. If you are considering micro-chipping, please reconsider. Below are several articles on the risks and side effects associated with micro-chipping. Ask yourself if a foreign body is place in You doesn't your body fight it off. Well the same thing goes for a animal its just common sense!