Kennel cough remedy for dogs
This time of year we all gets colds or coughs from the dryness in our environment. With our pets it can be a challenge;
Here is a few tips to help in those times of need
Honey – this is another dog-friendly home remedy for kennel cough. It gives your pet a relief from the nasal discharge that comes with the kennel cough, and is a very sweet treat for your dog to enjoy. One tablespoon of honey twice a day should work for your dog and heal his kennel cough. Also, be sure to feed him raw honey, not ones with preservatives and artificial flavorings.
Cinnamon – this is another good food supplement for your dog to be healed of kennel cough. You can sprinkle cinnamon over your dog’s food or daily meals. Cinnamon has antiviral properties which can heal your dog faster.
• Coconut Oil – as coconut products are being the fad these days when it comes to home remedies and natural healing, coconut oil is no exception, even for dogs. As Kennel cough is like the common cold in people, there is no vaccine to prevent it, in dogs it is called Bordetella virus, coconut oil has a good formula for exterminating it, because it is also antiviral like cinnamon. You can either pour it down his bowl of food or have him directly get spoonfuls of it. Dosage is start with 1 tablespoon (for a 55lbs dog, work up to 2 tablespoon per day)
Other Uses of Coconut Oil – to order click here
Fed regularly to pets, coconut oil may have multiple benefits:
• Clears up skin conditions such as eczema, flea allergies, dermatitis, and itchy skin
• Reduces allergic reactions and improves skin health
• Makes coats become sleek and glossy, and deodorizes doggy odor
• Prevents and treats yeast and fungal infections, including Candida
• Disinfects cuts and promotes wound healing
• Applied topically, promotes the healing of cuts, wounds, hot spots, dry skin and hair, bites and stings
• Improves digestion and nutrient absorption
• Aids healing of digestive disorders like inflammatory bowel syndrome and colitis
• Reduces or eliminates bad breath in dogs
• Aids in elimination of hairballs and coughing
Immune System, Metabolic Function, Bone Health
• Contains powerful antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal agents that prevent infection and disease
• Regulates and balance insulin and promotes normal thyroid function
• Helps prevent or control diabetes
• Helps reduce weight, increases energy
Your dog will love the fragrant smell and aroma of coco oil. I also use coconut oil on cracked paws, and as a daily supplement To help ward off fleas, both get brushed with coconut oil every few weeks, especially in summer For any dry skin or skin issues, we use coconut oil (or honey) on the skin as needed** Nursing puppies get coconut oil added to first foods when they start eating
These home remedies for kennel cough do work so give them a try when the need arises.
Tags: kennel cough "coconut oil for dogs"