To begin, you’ll need…
- Mix all the ingredients into a bowl, . The dough is going to be really stiff, but work those ingredients together! Then, add water to moisten to a soft doughy consistency – not runny, but not stiff, rather like bread dough before it rises.
- Next sprinkle your work area with a healthy dose of flour. Turn the dough onto the floured surface, and give it a massage!
- knead the dough for about 10 minutes to get the gluten in the flour to really hold it together. It should be soft and stretchy when you’re done, like elastic – so don’t add too much flour, just enough to ensure that it doesn’t stick.
- Pat or roll your dough to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Use a cup or cookie cutter to make pretty shapes, put them on a cookie sheet, and bake for 30-40 minutes.